Statement of faith
1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments were and are verbally inspired of God as originally inerrant and are the supreme and final authority in faith and life. II Timothy 3:16. II Peter 1:21.
2. We believe there is only one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son Jesus Christ, and the HolyGhost. Matthew 28:19. I John 5:7. Mark 1:10-11. visit http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-texts-genesis19-24.htm for further understanding.
3. We believe Jesus Christ was born of the Virgin Mary, begotten of the Holy Spirit, and is truly Man yet truly God.
Isaiah 9:6. Luke 1:35.
4. We believe man was created in Gods image that man sinned, and as a result became subject to physical and spiritual death. Man became separated from God and was in need of a Savior to reconcile mankind back to God as man deals unsuccessfully with his sin nature,and that Jesus Christ fulfilled this and is become our salvation through his
blood sacrifice. Roman 3:25-26. Matthew 20:28. Colossians 1:13-14.
5. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins substitutionally, as representing the entire human race according to the Scriptures as the perfect sacrifice for sin, and that all who believe in him are justified through faith in his blood. Romans 5:1, I John 1:7.
6. We believe in the physical death of Jesus Christ from crucifixion, in his resurrection from the dead, and in his ascension into heaven as our high priest and advocate. Hebrews 4:15. I John 2:1.
I Corinthians 15:3-4.
7. We believe in the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as scripture indicates. John
14:3. I Thessalonians 4:16-18.
8. We believe that all who receive Jesus Christ by faith as Savior and Lord through the Holy Spirit are born again and thus become children of God, and that their lives will reflect this. II
Corinthians 5:17. Galatians 6:15. John 3:3.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just, as well as the unjust, either into eternal punishment for the unjust in hell or into everlasting blessedness of life for the saved through Jesus Christ. Revelation 20:11-15. Matthew 25:46. Mark 16:16. II Peter
10. We believe in the gifts of the Spirit as Paul outlined in I Corinthians Chapter 12 are still for the Church today and have not ended. I Corinthians 12:7. I Corinthians 12:11. I Corinthians
12:31. Mark 16:17-18. Act 2:39.
11. We believe in the sanctity of Holy Matrimony as ordained by God in Genesis 1:28 and 2:23-24 as being only between one man and one woman and that any other union or description of marriage is out of harmony with Scriptures. Matthew 19:4-5.
12. We believe that children are the heritage of the Lord (Psalms 127:3) and all life is planned and known of God (Jeremiah 1:5) and that every spirit within a man came directly from God himself (Ezekiel 18:4) and that the termination of any child in the womb is in direct conflict with the plan of God. Psalms 106:38. Proverbs 6:16-17. Deuteronomy 19:10. Matthew 18:14.
13. We believe in water baptism as a symbolic act to demonstrate we have been born again by faith in Jesus Christ and in His death, burial, and resurrection.
14. We believe Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and eternal life.
Acts 4:12. John 14:6. John 10:1. John 10:9. John 3:16-17.
15. We believe in the preaching of the Word as it is consistent and unchanging, as opposed to one preaching personal convictions which are not universal.
II Timothy 4:2. Galatians 1:8-9.
Philippians 2:12. Romans 14:1-12.
16. We believe the salvation experience is not a change in the sin nature, but that it is a change that takes place instantaneously and it is also progressive as we continue to become more Christ-like in our walk with Christ II Corinthians 5:17. Philippians 2:12. II
Corinthians 3:18. Romans 12:2.
~ Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship ~